Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Welcome!

So, this is the home of my sort-kind-of webcomic that I'm going to try doing. Welcome to the world of Looseleaf Lovers, a comic drawn entirely on looseleaf paper while bored in class, avoiding homework, or while finding something to do between classes. Well, that's the concept behind the artwork, anyway. For all I know, I'll be drawing it during free time too!

Looseleaf Lovers is a slice of life webcomic that tells the story of a group of English majors as they struggle with the typical college student struggles: Caffeine addictions, those crappy writing classes you have to take, all nighters, romantic drama, and trying to decide what to do with your life. I am drawing this by hand, using pencils, sharpies, whatever I can that will scan well and show up on my laptop. This is my first time doing something with any comic/drawings of mine, and I am no art student, so please, bear with me. I am a struggling English major myself, and want to show the fun and not so fun points of college to others.

My goal is to start with updates definitely being posted by Wednesdays. Some weeks might have more than others, I'm not sure. It honestly will depend on a few things: If there's a lull in my school work, whether I'm in a show or concert that is going through tech week at the moment, finals or midterms, big papers due... It honestly depends. I'll try and figure out a schedule to stick to soon, though.

In a bit, I'll have the first comic or two up! Enjoy!

No comments: